Monday, October 20, 2008

Corporate Stalking and Changes in Poundage

To catch you all up:

I am looking forward to blogging regularly again. There are two major factors that were deterring me the last three months.

1) The scary response when I used the name of a company. Okay, sure, you have your bots to check me out... but how ridiculously long was it going to go on until someone looked at the site, went "Oh, okay, she said something positive" and then turned the stalking back down from 10?
Too long. I removed and retitled the post to break their link, and that sort of made them leave me alone. (....ugh)

2) The losing weight thing. Making it a priority sucks, because then you have to DEVOTE TIME TO IT. Progress is good - we are about halfway through, except for when you consider that only a few pounds have been lost since the beginning of August. I hate spending so much time driving to the gym, wearing smelly gym clothes, taking way too many showers, thinking about food, grocery shopping instead of picking up food when we don't have anything... it's just all so tediously time-sucking.

However, I don't really want to quit now in the process. I keep thinking I am recommitting HARDCORE, only to be back off the wagon in a week. I'd like to be able to blog about it, though, and so I will return soon with content.

Hooray!

3 comments:

What would you like to call me? said...

yay! I have missed you. :)

Ang said...

Hooray! I'm excited to see you posting again.
Congratulations on the halfway point of the weight-loss journey! that's quite an accomplishment.
And you are right, zumba=awesome.
I got a full-time job (did you tell you this) so have been totally slacking on my 5-6x/week workouts. i'm shooting for four. and considering weight watchers online. any thoughts?
hope all is well! :)

Suzanne said...

Congrats on the weight loss, and the obvious lifestyle change that accompanies it. Even if you lost one pound, the effort is applauded! Brava!

Boo on the corporate stalking. I ranted about a local business nearly a year ago and I'm STILL getting irate hits from their employees! Someone commented that it was old news-well yeah, you Googled and found an entry from January! Don't you just love it?